Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Catscapade


Long stare
Originally uploaded by Flip Fantasia
I visited the WSD Shelter today with the intention to take some photographs of the volunteers with the US School kids. But when I reached one batch of children was already on its way and the next one seemed like they would come after lunch.

The second batch was going to paint a part of the wall in the shelter. Saw one of the US School representatives using a projector to complete the outlines of the artwork that the first batch could not complete. I suppose the next lot of kids must have filled them in with colour.

Once inside the kennel, it was little under-lit for my basic camera and I did not want to use the flash and irritate the dogs. There were quite a few volunteers (veterinary students) inside and Abodh was a little busy with the next batch of visitors from the US School. Didn't want to ask disturb and ask too many questions. Maybe next time, I will plan a little better and get some photographs of the dogs. One thing I must stop and say, I am amazed how clean the guys there keep the place. Given the number of dogs there and how many times the caretakers need to clean up after the dogs and keep the O.T. squeaky clean, it's a great achievement.

Meanwhile, feast your eyes on these lovely cats that were sprawled out outside the AIWA shelter, right behind the WSD kennel. I seemed to have mistimed my entry here as well. Since it was noon and probably around lunch time, so most of the cats had disappeared inside where it was cooler. Thankfully, there were still a handful outside that enjoyed all the fuss.

No comments:

Goa: Tickell's Blue Flycatcher

  View this post on Instagram A post shared by Aristarkhos (@ghelabhai)